EMPTY Your Mind Tool
Use this video and tool to empty your mind purposely. Write things down, put them in your calendar, and find a home for them outside of your head so you can allow your brain to do what it does best.
- EVENTS: What meetings and appointments are on your schedule?
- MILESTONES: What results or outcomes must you deliver?
- PROBLEMS: What troubles, pressures, or issues are you looking to solve and overcome?
- TASKS: What items do you want and need to get done?
- YEARNINGS: What goals, dreams, and desires do you hope to pursue?
What you’ll find is when you empty your mind, it frees up some space for some new thoughts, ideas, and innovations.
Patrick Leddin, PhD is a speaker, global leadership consultant, and The Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Five-Week Leadership Challenge. Patrick is an Associate Professor at Vanderbilt University with a thriving leadership blog and podcast, and 25-years of leadership experience. He offers an unparalleled mix of academic rigor and real-world experience.