Think about the person on your team who you turn to in order to get things done. Here are five ways for you to make an investment in them, demonstrate your appreciation, and recognize their efforts. Although the first mentions financial compensation, there are plenty of other actions you can take.
To help you remember the five ideas, we picked words that start with the letter T as in your go-To-person:
- Treasure – How can you increase the team member’s financial compensation?
- Time – How can provide the team member time off or great schedule flexibility?
- Talk – How can you spend time talking and listening to the team member?
- Tee-up – How can tee the team member for success with new projects or opportunities?
- Talent – How can you invest in the development of the team member’s development?
Patrick Leddin, PhD is a speaker, global leadership consultant, and The Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Five-Week Leadership Challenge. Patrick is an Associate Professor at Vanderbilt University with a thriving leadership blog and podcast, and 25-years of leadership experience. He offers an unparalleled mix of academic rigor and real-world experience.