Worksheet: Conduct a TIP Interview
Here’s your chance as a leader to consider how connected you are to those you lead. Ask yourself:
– Do you know their stories?
– Do you understand their passions?
– How familiar are you with what interests them?
– Can you explain what they want to do in their life?
– What impact do they hope to make in the organization? Community? World?
I encourage you to do a bit of a ‘celebrity’ interview with those in your midst. Pick 2-3 team members and interview them in the coming weeks. Ask questions, listen to their answers, figure out how you can connect to what they’re passionate about, what their inner voice tells them to do, and where their talents lie.
Patrick Leddin, PhD is a speaker, global leadership consultant, and The Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Five-Week Leadership Challenge. Patrick is an Associate Professor at Vanderbilt University with a thriving leadership blog and podcast, and 25-years of leadership experience. He offers an unparalleled mix of academic rigor and real-world experience.