Whether you recognize it or not, you negotiate everyday.
It can be in small ways:
– who will work what schedule this week
– what project tasks you own
– where you eat dinner with friends
It can be in big ways too:
– how much you will pay for your next car
– will you get the pay raise you desire
– can you and your customer agree on the direction of a project
Use this simple framework to think about how you approach negotiations and whether or not your approach is working for you.
Here’s a pdf of the image that is perfect to print, post, and share.
[restrict]What is your negotiation style?
Patrick Leddin, PhD is a speaker, global leadership consultant, and The Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Five-Week Leadership Challenge. Patrick is an Associate Professor at Vanderbilt University with a thriving leadership blog and podcast, and 25-years of leadership experience. He offers an unparalleled mix of academic rigor and real-world experience.